SOULFUL HOME – A Family Magazine of Thematic resources. CLICK HERE TO VIEW/DOWNLOAD
Songs about Thresholds
Threshold Film Festival
- “ Moonlight”
- “To Sir, With Love”
- “Jojo Rabbit”
- “What a Way to Go: Life at the End of Empire”
– Watch the Trailers:
- “Toy Story 3”
- “Monsters Inc.”
- “The Chronicles of Narnia”
Watch the Trailers:
- Thresholds: How to Thrive Through Life’s Transitions to Live Fearlessly and Regret-Free by Sherre Hirsch
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
- To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings by John O’Donohue
Reflect on Thresholds
- What was your favorite threshold time in your life? How are you honoring the joy and gift of that time in your life right now?
- So you’ve made the journey over that threshold. How are you now supporting those who are still on the other side? The ones still working to make it over?
- How would someone be able to tell that you’ve made a journey through a spiritual threshold?
- Looking back on the last major threshold you crossed, was there something you now wish you’d brought along? Or maybe something you wish you’d left back there?
- “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” -Anais Nin
- “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins
- “If you go back to the etymology of the word ‘threshold,’ it comes from ‘threshing,’ which is to separate the grain from the husk. So the threshold, in a way, is a place where you move into more critical and challenging and worthy fullness.” -John O’Donohue
One of the best ways to take ourselves back to the threshold moments of our lives is to revisit the pictures we took of them. So here are your instructions: Find a picture of yourself after having gone through
an important threshold or right in the middle of it! Likely, you will stumble on a number of other pictures of the same moment. Take your time going through them all. Try to notice the subtle differences, and what those subtle differences might be trying to tell you.
More Online Resources for Thresholds
Ted Talks and Video on the theme of Thresholds